April 30, 2009

stuff I didn't post due to new job

It's been just about 2 weeks since I started my new job, which I totally love, but the new routine and recouping the learning curve caused me to be a little behind in my post.

This past Sat. was the first time in a long time that Aimee and I went shopping in Chinatown. I wanted to buy stuff that I can make stir-fried dishes with and she was bbq-ing that night at her place...yummers shrimp tacos.

Another fun thing that happened was my friend from Tokyo moved to Hawaii the previous Wed. After dropping Aimee off at home, I headed to Kailua where she is now staying. It was really nice seeing her and was really excited to spend the day together.

We grabbed lunch at a Mexican restaurant called Los Chaparros, which we got there right before the lunch rush. I got a chicken burrito with salad. I was super happy to see that they put their flag on a toothpick in my burrito, is that a Mexican restaurant thing? I never see Japanese restaurants put their flag on a toothpick in my sushi...but then again, I don't know if it would have the same charm.

Then after a full day of shopping at Ala Moana, Tomoko and I went to Aimee and Oscar's for shrimp tacos. We ate outside and enjoyed the beginning of summer weather.

Enjoy the photos!






No comments: