April 19, 2009

stuff at the honolulu zoo

Went to the Honolulu Zoo today. I haven't been there in almost 10 years! It was great going back again, even if I did get a little sunburned (I used sunscreen and an umbrella and still got burned).

Saw a whole bunch of cool animals, though I thought maybe there were too many bird exhibits. But that could be because I'm not much of a bird person.

One sad part was that the lions weren't doing so good so the zoo decided to euthanize them. There wasn't much information on what was wrong with them, just that their quality of life was very poor and declining.

The happy part to the empty lion exhibit, was that the 3 baby tigers were out and about. I even got a nice shot of one of them. Baby yes, little no.

Here are a few good photos.






No comments: